May 2, 2006 Written by Charles Cook More details from the RSS Team blog on how the Vista RSS Platform's download engine addresses the issue of load on a feed server, traffic spikes, and bandwidth consumption:
- Default download interval is 24 hours.
- Minimum download interval is 15 minutes.
- Supports RSS 2.0 ttl tag.
- Supports Syndication extension for RSS 1.0 and Atom feeds.
- Interval salting to randomly stagger time of downloads.
- Progressive error backoff interval.
- Conditional GETs.
- Delta encoding.
- gzip encoding.
Copyright © 2011, Charles Cook.