I got an email from the NUnit team the other day announcing the latest version:
Some of the highlights of the new release include the following:
- Attribute based mechanism for specifying test and test fixtures.
- New Forms Interface that displays Tests and TestSuites in an Explorer like fashion. The interface allows you to run individual tests and/or suites from the forms interface.
- Automatic construction of suites based on namespaces. Just provide an assembly and the test runner constructs a suite of all TestFixtures in the assembly.
- Minimal amount of effort to upgrade due to inclusion of a backwards compatibility class called TestCase and the framework also looks for methods that begin with "test" regardless of case as it did in the past.
- XML output from the console program.
I did some work with it today and found the new GUI tool very useful. Its still a bit flaky but even so I did some very effective testing with it. Highly recommended.